PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE (FOR CLIENTS)
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how we, The Edge Galerie Sdn. Bhd., our related corporations, associated corporations and jointly controlled entities (collectively referred to as “the Group”) use your Personal Data.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. We shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on our website (“Website”) at http://www.theedgegalerie.com. By continuing to communicate with us or by continuing to use our services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA.
- “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work, any information about you which you have provided to us in registration forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide us your Personal Data, we will not be able to provide you services or products which you request.
SOURCES FROM WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE OBTAINED
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to us directly, we may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:-
- by using the Website and from cookies used on the Website.
- from corporations under the Group; or
- when you interact and communicate with us at roadshows, auctions or any other events;
- from publicly available sources,
- when you sign up to receive our email alerts, newsletters, updates and mailers;
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
- We may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes related to the services or products you have requested and for our business and activities which shall include, without limitation:-
- for us to comply with our obligations under the law.
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and to improve our services;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to process your registration to participate in an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- process your registration as user of the Website, to provide you the benefits offered to registered users of the Website and to communicate with you for this purpose;
and you agree and consent to us using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified above and in this Notice.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
- We and the Group may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as:-
- to notify and invite you to roadshows, auctions or any other events
- to send you alerts, newsletters, updates and mailers;
which may be of interest to you, by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
- If you do not consent to us or the Group processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 5 please notify us using the contact details stated in Section 10 below.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to corporations within the Group which are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your request for services or products. Further, we may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):-
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
- other entities within the Group; and
- our professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors and financial advisors;
- service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers;
- transportation agents;
- Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
ACCESS & CORRECTION REQUESTS AND INQUIRIES, LIMITING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 5 above and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
The Data Officer
Tel No: +603 77218000
Fax No: +603 77218118
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
- If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies by following these steps:
Windows IE (Internet Explorer) version 8 and above
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking on the Start button and then clicking on Internet Explorer
- Click the Privacy tab and then under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies and then click OK.
- Click the Tools button and then click on Internet Options.
Click on the OK button to save your settings.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools button and then select Options.
Or you can click on settings at the bottom of the page.
Select the Privacy tab and under Firefox will dropdown menu select Use Custom Settings For History.
- Change your preferred cookies settings under the Accept third-party cookies drop down menu.
- Click on the OK button to save your settings.
- Click on button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Under the Privacy section, click on Content Settings button.
- Select your preferred cookies setting and click on Done button to save your settings.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to us. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
Last updated: 1 February 2016